Love is the soul of harmony by which all existence is made possible.
2. For the perfect existence of the Spirit, its very nature is Love. The pure soul is in harmony with Dea and with her self and with all things.
3. And for the existence that has fallen from perfection; truly it is the music of Divine harmony that sustains it in the motion of its wholeness.
4. It is Love that holds the drop of dew pendent upon a blade of grass, neither flowing forth in watery profusion, but swelling within the unseen urn of its brief harmony.
5. It is Love that holds the stars within their courses, and all the worlds of the immeasurable cosmos within the harmony of the celestial music.
6. Truly, all the cycles of the times and the seasons; all the rhythms of the soul and of the mind and of the flesh: truly all these flow from the love of Our Lady, the Maid, that creation may not decompose, each several member flying away into black eternal chaos.
7. For Light is the essence and Love is the form. And it is by Love that the essence of a tree remains a tree. Else might it as lief become a rushing wind or a forkèd lightning flash.
8. How shall the soul attain to Love?
9. Let her open herself to every creature in compassion and in care.
10. Let her seek to do no harm to any being.
11. Let her love extend even to those who do her hurt.
12. For perfect love is perfect knowledge and perfect knowledge is perfect love.
13. Let her know that no creature gains good for herself by any harmful act; for every stone returns to she that throws it in the fullness of time. And the shaft that her hand releases shall fly a thousand years until it cleave her heart.
14. But she that does a kindly action shall be thrice blessed.
15. Once in the doing of it; for the hand of Dea shall rest upon her.
16. Once in the raising of her soul upon the path toward her Lady.
17. And once in the deed itself; for every rose plucked and sent forth shall come as a gift to her when her heart is weary, and every cup of wine that she gives to another shall quench the thirst of her own lips in the fullness of time.
18. She who gives succor to those who have need prepares a place of safe repose for her soul. And she who turns no creature away surrounds her soul with beauty.
19. For the soul that grows in Love grows ever more lovely, but the soul that turns from Love is repellent of aspect. 20. Let the soul know before all that the greatest love is the love of Dea, and from this love all other loves flow.
21. Let her open herself to her Lady that She may come as a perfect love for Her. Let her learn of our Lady that eternal Love which is our Lady.
22. And she who loves her Lady in perfection shall have perfect love of all Her creatures, even as She.
23. For this is the Love that is perfect knowledge, and the knowledge that is perfect Love.